Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Guns and Rosie

Rosie O'Donnell has another controversy boiling over. (Shocking, I know) This story from World Net Daily discusses and shows the picture, which I won't post here.

Rosie's defense? Her daughter was just "playing dress up". Right. We're supposed to believe that (crazy though she may be) Rosie O'Donnell, who is vehemently anti-guns, allows her children to play with toy guns? If that's true it's hypocrisy. And even if "just dressing up" is how it came about she's using her own child as a pawn in her personal political agenda. Or maybe just as way to get back in the news, but that's just cynical of me.

Look, I'm for private gun ownership. I'll defend that 2nd Amendment to anyone. But guns and politics about guns, are not the province of children. As we do not have sons this hasn't come up very often in our home. Though our girls are more known for playing Princess Teacher Ballerina than Rambo, I've seen them playing all sorts of things, sometimes even with pretend weapons (blame it on their uncle & daddy!), but I've never once seen them suit up in camo, toss some (fake) ammunition around their shoulders, tote a (toy) gun, and ask me to post the picture for the entire world to see.

No comments: