Monday, May 5, 2008

I Blame Huckabee

I officially kicked off a new campaign today called I Blame Huckabee. If you have a Facebook account (if you don't, you should), you can get my new piece of Flair dedicated to this cause. Also, I need more friends, so... Anyway, I feel it is important to express my disappointment with the whole 2008 primaries now, before the conventions and before the general election. I will definitely still support McCain, and I genuinely hope he wins.

However, this does not mean that I am not still incredibly bitter about how quickly that all played out. More and more, I find myself becoming jealous of the drawn-out Democratic primary. Why couldn't it be our party still teetering between two candidates, one of which is not McCain? And then I remember Iowa and the Huckabee miracle. Man, did he suck...the air right out of the race. He transformed everyone in the race into a has-been and then proceeded to tank. Then McCain "surprises" everyone with a win in liberal New Hampshire. Like we didn't already know he was going to win in that little half-state of a state! Gggrrr!!!

So anyway, if you like the Huckster (I know many of you still do), just try to ignore my rant as best you can. To all the rest, consider adding my Flair to your Flair board or blog or desktop. I'm thinking about selling bumper stickers! Get on board now, because the day is coming when we'll all be wondering just exactly who to blame, and when that day comes, you'll already be wearing the T-shirt!

8 comments:

Karen said...

So say we all!

Or at least, I do. But you might want to think again about posting so late at night. You sound a bit cranky, although I will state for the record that you are hardly ever cranky. :)

Travis said...

Blame Fred who ran a lame (and late) campaign. Blame Mitt; the definitive illustration of flip-flop. If these guys were the best candidates then why were they knocked out so early in the race?

Now I know you're not suggesting that Huck supporters would have backed Fred or Mitt if they only knew what was good for them. You know, just like Pennsylvania voters who only like their guns and attend church because of their economic anxiety.

Huckabee's unexpected run is due to a lack of leaders around whom conservatives can rally.

Fred and Mitt are to blame.

Philip said...

Fair enough--there's quite a bit of blame to go around. Unfortunately, the button only has so much room on it...

Maybe Bush is really to blame. Or maybe George Allen, for not getting elected to the Senate...

Karen said...

Or Rudy, or Alan Keyes, or Newt Gingrich, or the MSM, or National Review, or...

Blame Huckabee is more succinct.

Stephen said...

Try mailing those bumper stickers to two months ago when someone actually gave a rip. Virulent anti-Huckbeeism is so passe (at least on this blog).

Thankfully, I will be able to balance you out by voting for Huckabee in today's N.C. Republican primary!

Stephen said...

P.S. I blame the GOP primary system.

What better way to end up with an arbitrary candidate than to hold 58 primaries and caucuses on 25 days spread across 6 months, all of which are bathed in a constant stream of political rhetoric and distortion from the mainstream media, conservative media, and the blogosphere?

Travis said...

So will there be a "Blame Fred" button? Or is it blame Huck because he took voters that Fred was unable to win?

I shouldn't have ended my previous comment with "Blame..." - it took away from my point. I do think you are on target by blaming Bush. Like him or not (my wife likes him more than I do) he hasn't made it easy on conservatives. I haven't decided however if that is entirely his fault.

Regardless of blame, the nation is evenly split, as the previous two elections have proven. It matters not how vitriolic Obama and Clinton are with one another, because the DEMS will rally around the primary winner.

I sincerely believe that the best conservative hope is Bobby Jindal, but only after a couple of terms in Louisiana.

Philip said...

Stephen: I agree that something about the primary process seems flawed.

Travis: I have no Blame Fred stickers in the works, but I do agree that Bobby Jindal is a fine conservative.

And yes, I'll be rallying behind McCain despite his liberal policies.