Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Conservatives, Liberals, Moderates, Oh My

Elsewhere on this blog one of our contributors (OK, it was Philip) has posted a spirited support of Rush Limbaugh in the Limbaugh vs. Steele dog fight. I can't say I agree with everything Rush says but what he says isn't ugly. It may be divisive, but since when is that a bad thing? If words are to have meaning and if actions have consequences then divisiveness is a good thing. And, no matter how you look at it, it hasn't been a good week for Steele.

Which may be one reason why I'm not jumping on the "they must be equally wrong" bandwagon. And I'm not falling all over myself to see what other members of the mainstream media think about this little brouhaha.

Oh, and note to Townhall: get Kathleen Parker off your contributors list. The woman is unhinged (that is merely one example of her recent work) and the role of David Brooks is being filled by, well, David Brooks. If that's what passes as a "conservative" commentator these days, then I must not be a conservative. (Little hint: I am a conservative.)

1 comment:

Dominion Family said...

I just had the same thoughts about Kathleen Parker that you have. I just skip her comments on The Corner.