Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back From London

Well, we have finally (and safely) returned from the British Isles. Karen and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary in regal style. I know there's lots going on in the news, but I hope you won't mind a brief summary of the trip.

We spent the first part of the in London, where we saw many, many famous sights. The British Museum was spectacular, as was Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace.

We got to see the changing of the guard at close range:

The food was excellent--I don't know why people knock British food. I loved it! The steak & ale pie was especially good:

We also managed to visit Bath, the later traveled north to see Edinburgh and Glasgow.

A missionary friend also took us up into the Highlands for a few hours. Loch Lomond is truly a beautiful place. Then, we headed back to London and flew home on Tuesday. We're still battling a bit of jet-lag, but we had a wonderful time! For more detailed and engaging commentary of our trip, see Karen's blog, Candid Diversions (more updates to follow). Also, here are many more pics on my Picasa page. I'll try to get back to politics in the very near future!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I still don't know how I toured Buckingham Palace and yet completely forgot to see the changing of the guard.

I think the British Museum was my favorite.

Philip said...

It's just an amazing feeling to walk in and see THE Rosetta Stone just sitting right there!