Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cincinnati Tax Day Tea Party

I attended my second Tea Party today. The Cincinnati Tax Day Tea Party involved a march to City Hall to deliver a petition urging them to reject the stimulus money (and the onerous programs established by it). As at the previous Tea Party, today's event did not fail to inspire. As you see from the pictures below, it was well attended (it looked like even more than last time, but I haven't heard the official estimate yet).

The event kicked off with the pledge of allegiance and the national anthem, a mark of a classy and orderly protest. I saw no bad behavior or over-the-top signs. I guess ACORN failed to plant those counter-protesters after all.

The only counter-"protesters" I saw were a small group on a street corner. They may have been waiting for a bus.


Here are a few of the signs I snapped:

And last, but not least, my Mom even got into the spirit for the Nashville Tea Party:

5 comments:

The Machiavellian said...

I was down there. Pics here: http://thevirtuousrepublic.com/?p=3287

I'll link to your story.

Another great turnout. Like you said, very orderly.

Philip said...

Thanks.

Stray Yellar Dawg? said...

Where is this "document" that claims Cincinnati's protests were not peaceful? Do you know anything about it??

Deadenders refers to it here:
http://deadenders.wordpress.com/2009/04/16/obamas-three-rs/

And I am just wondering if you are aware of anything??

TIA,

SYD

Philip said...

I'm not sure what that is. Let us know if you find out. Those on the far left sure do enjoy calling all the rest of us "extreme" don't they?

Kat said...

Hi There, I just wanted to make sure you knew we are giving away a Wii to the best Tea Party sign picture taken at a Tea Party Last week. Details - http://motherofallconservatives.com/2009/04/moac-giving-away-a-wii/
Blessings, Katie