Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Health Care Chart

This chart helps to explain why health care costs continue to skyrocket out of control: we don't ever see the prices. As Mark Perry points out:

Just imagine what would happen over time to the cost of food, clothing, or automobiles if consumers paid only 12 percent of the total bill, with the other 88 percent paid by employers or the government, and it’s easy to understand why healthcare spending goes up year after year.

Don't expect this to change with closed-door no-Republicans-allowed meetings in Congress.

No comments: